East Mayo Trails
Click on the links below to explore the trails in East Mayo. The difficulty rating of each walk is listed in brackets, with further details about distances and terrain to be found in the description of each walk.
- Foxford Way Loop (Hard)
- Larganmore Loop (Moderate/Hard)
- Prebaun Loop (Moderate/Hard)
- Callow Loop (Moderate)
- Shanwar Belgallow Loop (Moderate/Hard)
- Foxford Town Loop (Easy)
- Walk 01 Sliabh Cairn Peak (Yellow Walk)
- Walk 02 Spankers Hill (Red Walk)
- Walk 03 Glore River Valley (Green Walk)
- Walk 04 Ballyglass (Pink Walk)
- Walk 05 Slieve Cairn Foothills (Blue Walk)
- Letterkeen (Hard)
- Swinford Town and Woodland Walk (Easy)
- Lough Callow Loop Walk (Moderate)
Trails vary in distance and degrees of difficulty and are waymarked using a specific colour to indicate the level of difficulty. Details are as follows:
- Green - easy, short 1-2hrs duration, suitable for all levels of fitness.
- Blue - moderate difficulty, 2-3hrs duration, suitable for medium levels of fitness.
- Red - hard, 3-5hrs duration, suited to walkers with higher than average levels of fitness.
- Purple - difficult terrian, usually more high level.
- Yellow - Indicates waymarked ways.